Sunday, May 29, 2016

When God's Ways are Higher...

     In the last month, my husband and I were approached about adopting a baby.  While part of me was really excited, the other part of me wasn't sure.  We had little time to pray over it and decide, so eventually we politely declined.
     In the meantime while we pondered over this decision, God was at work.  He was working on behalf of another sweet family who would soon become a family of four.  This precious couple had adopted an Ethiopian baby years before.  As they boarded a plane and crossed the oceans, God prepared a sweet baby girl for them to love and cherish.
     Fast forward 4 years later when this sweet girl was in desperate need of a "brown brother or sister" who looked like her.  As we declined this baby, the other couple's dreams were coming true.  Their precious baby girl who was adopted years earlier would get the sibling she had been dreaming about.  The couple had just finished their last class for DHR training hours before they received a phone call that would change their lives forever.  Their home study was complete and they were the prime couple qualified to get this brand new baby.          
     Looking back now, I can see how God orchestrated every detail to give this family their missing puzzle piece.  Months before, this soon-to-be mom had a miscarriage and her baby would have been born the same day this new baby would be born.  It's funny how God knows what we need long before we ask Him.  I am so thankful God allowed me to see Him work in the life of this family and to see how even when our dreams don't come true, other families dreams do.  I feel like this was God's way of giving me hope for the future.  He showed me His faithfulness for this family and He would show His faithfulness in ours.  There would be a day when His promises would be revealed, but until then, thank you Lord for using me in your plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment