Sunday, August 13, 2017

The Hairs on Her Head were Numbered

        Joe and I have been emotional wrecks lately. As we celebrate Faith's first birthday, we are reminded what a miracle she truly is. One year ago today, I had lost ALL hope. I hit rock bottom and I was convinced on August 13, 2016 that God didn't want me to be a mother. I had decided I was going to be a really good teacher and love my kindergarten babies like my own and I would be the BEST aunt in the world. Who knew on the exact same day that I was convincing myself of this that my child was being born? Yes, my child that I didn't birth and I hadn't spent the last 9 months growing inside my tummy. Instead, my child that God had picked out to be mine was birthed from an absolute angel. I had hit rock bottom, but 3 days later I met my child and God answered every prayer I had been praying.
       We lost two precious biological babies, but I know I could not possibly have loved either of them any more than I love Faith. It will be neat to get to Heaven and see our babies that looked like us, but it's even more breathtaking to see God's plan unfold and raise this sweet baby who doesn't. God created this blonde haired, blue eyed baby who looked nothing like me so that when I'm in Publix meeting a perfect stranger I have the opportunity to share Faith's story.  When our waitress asks where she gets those beautiful, long eyelashes I have the chance to tell her about our God-given miracle. 
       As of today, her testimony our church shared has been viewed by over 78,000 people. Her story is giving encouragement to those who are waiting to be parents, speaking life to those with no hope, and hopefully reaching the lost on a daily basis. All those years of waiting and He was creating something far greater than we were even praying for. I know without a shadow of a doubt that Faith Elaine Childers was fearfully and wonderfully made by God just for us. 
        Several people have asked me to blog more, but the truth is I wait until I feel like there is something God is speaking to me about. Sometimes He gives me a topic or a line, but this time was the title. Sometimes He speaks and I post it the same day and sometimes it's months later. This title came to me sometime in May and I have been praying about what He wanted me to include in it. Every time I stare at Faith, I am reminded that her hairs are numbered. I prayed MANY prayers for 6 years and He knew the hairs on her head the whole time. "Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered." -Luke 12:7
      I want to remind you today that if there is something you are praying for, don't give up. Keep praying and when you think God can't hear you, pray harder. Sometimes we pray about something thinking God should answer immediately and when He doesn't, we give up. However, that's when God wants you to lean in, curl up in His lap, and trust that His timing is perfect.
      The day we met Faith fell on the 4th day of a new kindergarten school year. In Whitney terms, there was no worse timing in the world to get/have a baby. In fact, this is the only time for 6 years that I prayed, "God if it doesn't happen right now, I'm okay with that." When did God answer? During that window of "please don't answer with a baby right now". Would I change her story? No. Would I change her birthday? No. I grabbed my purse, packed my suitcase, and drove to the hospital, because I knew that God's timing was absolutely perfect, even in the midst of chaos! He's a good, good Father and He wants what's best for His children. Give God what you are praying for and let Him work. I can promise you it will be even better than what you can imagine. Don't lose hope! Keep the faith! 

"If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can move mountains."- Matthew 17:20

No comments:

Post a Comment